Sunday, August 06, 2006

since qinghui wants to hear about lab coats, i had two accidents in the lab. the first one splashed 240 degrees celcius hot cadmium selenide (that's carcinogenic and seeps through everything cause it's nano-sized), lauric acid, and other random chemicals over the hand part of my coat and on my hand. i got a blister from the burn and now there's a couple of ugly scars on my hand ;(
the second one involved a violent reaction from HCl (that's aqueous) in organic solvents heated to 300 degrees celcius and adding room temperature stuff to it. it caused the thermometer to break and mercury vapor to go everywhere, so i was forced to throw away my lab coat and get a new one. and the pictures... show the new one. haha who's been working harder qh?!?! actually now i'm damn slack cause my 10 week thing ended liao, so taking it slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home